With Spring weather finally on the horizon here are some of our best tips:
- Dress in layers– it may be chilly in the morning but it could be warm by noon and then cool down in the evening again! Having all the gear will allow the children to properly dress: t-shirt (short-sleeve), pants, socks, sweater/long-sleeve, light jacket, splash pants, outside sneakers and boots.
- Always have extra inside clothes– even with the proper protective outside layers, we can get wet and muddy! Having extra dry clothes that we can change into is helpful!
- Rain-boots– are actually really tricky for some to walk in. When sizing for your child, check how high the boots are on your child’s leg and how flexible the boot is- this will support their mobility and make playing outside less frustrating.
- Hats– we are in between seasons- a great option is to have a sun hat and a coat with a hood, allowing the hat to protect the sun off the face but having a hood to protect ears. A nice light weight hat to cover ears is another great option to have!
- If you are out and about : Have wipes and garbage bags on hand! We will often provide you with garbage bags and wipes when you are picking up your child – one to put muddy/wet clothes in and one to protect the car seat!
Remember “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt” ~ Margaret Atwood